Monday, April 2, 2012

LAING

LAING is my favorite Filipino dishes. And yesterday i got time to prepared this dish.





Ingredients:

1 kilo gabi leaves, shredded

1 pack coconut milk powder, follow instruction on the pack on how to dissolve

5 cloves garlic, crushed

1 small onion, sliced

2 tablespoon ginger, sliced

1/2 kilo pork liempo, cut thinly

1 piece dried fish(daing or tinapa), shredded

green chili(siling pangsigang)

salt and umami seasoning(vetsin) to taste


Procedure:

1. Mix together all ingredients, except gabi leaves in a casserole, then bring to a boil.

2. Add gabi leaves and simmer until cooked.

3. Season with salt and vetsin to taste.


11 comments:

Alida said...

Interesting this recipe I like filippino cuisine!

Catch My Words said...

I'm not sure where I'd find all those ingredients around here. Maybe at the Memphis in May Festival, since The Philippines is our honored country this year.


Catch My Words
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

Sumi Go said...

Laing is one of my fave Filipino dishes. My mom would always cook this for us as a kid and I started out not liking it. But as I grew older, I learned to like Laing, and now I love it more than ever! :)

Gemma|My Dailies said...

I'll try your recipe!!! Miss eating this!! Thanks!

PinayinTexas said...

My favorite! Your versions looks so appetizing!

joei ♥ said...

I've only tasted laing recently and have to admit, it's good!

www.joeiandme.com

Hazel said...

thanks for sharing :) laing is one of my fave.. sadly my mom can't cook this for us kasi daw "mahirap" haha :P will surprise her with this dish one of these days :P

Divya A said...

Its a new recipe to me..Looks interesting..

Berlin Info und Bilder Homepage said...

best regards from capital of the federal republic of germany, you're always welcome

black2share said...

Nice share, i like this....

foodtravelandwine said...

I don't know much about Filippino cuisine....but it looks yummy!......Abrazotes, Marcela